Urban Voice (www.urbanvoicecambodia.net) is currently looking for two full-time Cambodian interns to support its urban crowdsourcing project. The successful candidates will work closely with the project team, taking on real responsibilities and learning new skills.
• Assist research activities on urban issue with a focus on data collection and entry
• Media monitoring
• Assist the Team’s work on the site, including production of inputs
• A student/graduate in journalism, IT, architecture, land management or a related field
• Knowledge of and experience in using social media
All interns are expected to:
• Ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Office (knowledge of Photoshop is an advantage)
• Good ability to understand and communicate in Khmer and English.
• Commitment to full-time work.
What does Urban Voice offer interns?
• An opportunity to gain work experience for fresh graduates and university students
• Interns can apply what they have learnt to specific projects
• Interns can learn and understand about Urban Voices’s projects and social media
• The development of ideas through Learning by Doing (LbD)
How will Urban Voice support the interns?
• Training and support
• Desk and computer with internet access available
• Documents for learning and research available
• Work experience in an office environment and working with urban poor communities
• Monthly allowance USD $60
• Transportation and communication allowance
About Urban Voice:
Urban Voice is a map-based visualization of developments in the urban space that allows anyone to contribute. The citizens of Phnom Penh have many different interests, and Urban Voice is the place where these can be brought together. Urban Voice is a source of information, as well as a site for civic engagement. Check here for information on news, events, urban issues and many other developments that concern the city. Check us out on www.urbanvoicecambodia.net
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to Mr Ell Ath: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday Mar. 27 2013 (5:00 PM). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by Friday Mar. 29, 2013. E-mailed applications should state “Application” in the Subject Line.