Flooding is increasingly becoming a major issue for the citizens of Phnom Penh, causing problems in health, travel, and business activities. Each year during the rainy season, from May to October, floods have plagued the city and its inhabitants.
It is hoped that the image above, which shows a sinking city, will encourage citizens to speak out in favor of flooding prevention measures and improved infrastructure.
Would You Like to Reduce Flooding in Our City?
Join Our Campaign to Track City Flooding. You Can Participate by:
- Reporting flooding location to Urban Voice Cambodia.
- Creating a mapping report and providing it to City Hall and relevant development partners.
- Becoming an active citizen who participates in the formulation of improved policies.
Let’s Join Together and Fight for Our City!
Send a report to our team regarding the problems resulting from floods that you, and your community, face:
- You can find the Android link to Urban Voice Cambodia’s Mobile here https://goo.gl/3FrWxq and use it to install the app on your smart phone.
- You can also use the Telegram App by adding the following user: @urbanvoice
- Finally, you can go to our website, www.urbanvoicecambodia.net and click Submit a Report.
What is the Importance of your Report to the Online Campaign About Flooding?
At the end of the campaign, our team will create a report which will show the status of the annual flooding throughout the campaign. Each individual report will be an important contribution to the creation of this final map. The team will share this product with relevant institutions, such as Phnom Penh City Hall and the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning, and Construction, in order to push for an effective solution to this issue.